Saturday, February 12, 2011

what I've seen this week

31st Academy Awards Presentations, Pantages Th...Image via Wikipedia

I love the Oscars. Love love love them. When I was in high school, I threw a killer Academy Awards party my senior year, complete with invitations, red carpet, FABulous dress, and themed food. Example: LA Confidential veggie pizza, Titanic goldfish, etc. I have some amazing pictures of the costumes my friends put together but my scanner isn't hooked up to this computer. Needless to say, they were awesome. Two of my closest friends, Cat and Sam, went as Good Will Hunting, except their version was Goodwill Hunting and featured outfits entirely thrifted from the local Goodwill that day.

Every year I try to see all of the Oscar nominated Best Picture movies. I never succeed. And now that the Academy (we're on a first name basis) has expanded the Best Picture field to ten, it's like an evil evil taunt.  This year I am trying my darndest to make it happen.

2011 Best Picture Noms:

Black Swan: Check. I finally saw this last night! Not nearly as creepy as I thought it would be.
The Fighter
Inception: Check. Loved it and I don't think it's getting enough love this awards season
The Kids Are All Right: on DVD and I need to rent it
The King's Speech: Colin Firth is one of my faves- He will always be Mr. Darcy to me, though!
127 Hours
The Social Network: Check. Watched this last week as I was laid up from an ice fall
Toy Story 3: Check. Cried. Who didn't? Soulless people, that's who.
True Grit
Winter's Bone: I have had this on Netflix for two weeks now and I need to get my butt into gear and watch it.



I've seen four of the ten, although two are on DVD and I should be able to watch those before the Oscars on February 27th. Game on!!

Intense Debate Comments