Sunday, February 6, 2011

new look for mostly crafty

The dogs woke me up early this morning, around 6:15am. That is plenty early A) now that I don't have to go to work at 8am every day and B) on a Sunday of all things! I woke up slowly this morning and hadn't even moved, yet Nellie knew I was up, through a closed door and an entire floor away. I took the opportunity (not to do homework, like I should be doing!) to update my blog template, theme, and doodads. What do you think? Updates:
*Added twitter/facebook/social media links to each post
*Changed the archive links to a drop-down box
*Got rid of the labels list (very cluttered)
*Added a third column to the layout, changed around some of the gadgets\
*Added Google Friend Connect. This seems like the New Big Thing on blogs lately. I don't have any Google Friends though. It looks so lonely over there on the sidebar. :( Add me! ---->
*Added AdSense just for kicks
*Most importantly: got a new template

I was using a default template from 2004 and I always loved the simplicity of it, but I couldn't add a third column easily or add some of the other features to it. I love the look of the black and white and image behind this, but I'm not sure if it's too busy. I might try out a few over the next few weeks just to see what I think. I'd really like to use my blog more and post more often now that I'm not in a "real" job and gain more readers. As I was looking through my labels that were listed in my sidebar, I write about a lot of random things in this blog, and sadly, crafts haven't been one of them lately. What posts of mine have you liked? What would you like to see?  What do you think of the layout? Add a (Intense Debate) comment below!

Intense Debate Comments