Monday, May 10, 2010

bonjour a paris

I've been thinking a lot about taking a trip this summer. My list of "must see" places is pretty long: Croatia, Costa Rica, Thailand, Bali, Australia & New Zealand...but unfortunately, a lot of those places are out of reach right now. I had researched traveling to Croatia- I am dying to go to Dubrovnik after some friends went for their honeymoon and loved it. It's not yet on the Euro, and incredibly affordable there. I added a travel blog, Croatia Travel Blog, to my Google Reader to learn more about the area. Unfortunately, it seemed prohibitively expensive to fly into Dubrovnik from the States during the times I can go. So Croatia is back on the shelf.

But then, I started to think about going back to Paris. I've been twice- once when I was 14 and again when I was 20. The second time, though, I was pretty ill and didn't leave the hotel much. I went to the Musee d'Orsay and Eiffel Tower, and that was about it. My friends went to Versailles without me and mailed me a postcard to let me know they missed me while I was sick. Plus, and I'm not kidding about this, those Windows 7 with the French girl in the cafe kill me every time! I simply must have a croissant and coffee in a sidewalk cafe!
Originally uploaded by Shivaranjan

Thinking about taking a trip to Paris inspired me to look for some Paris blogs. I added a few to my google reader, including Badaude, who publishes sketches every day, and Misplaced Texan, who posts about daily life in Paris.  HiP Paris has become even more addicting, since they post the most beautiful pictures of shops, cafes, restaurants, and apartments. That is certainly not helping me pass the time until I can go!!!!

Unfortunately, I have to figure out some job issues before I can make any concrete plans.  I should know more within a week to a month, but I'm not sure it'll afford me the time to go, if at all. I want to go for a big blowout for my thirtieth birthday, which is coming up very soon. Originally uploaded by =Manu=

No comments:

Intense Debate Comments