Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 recap and into 2010

Well, I think it's time for the obligatory 2009 recap.  I posted 50+ times, although I hope to post more in 2010. If only my work would unblock Blogger, my life would be so much simpler!

For me, 2009 was not a spectacular year. My company filed for bankruptcy, although I do still have a job. I think I only ran about 50 miles the entire year- a sharp drop off from running 15-20 a week in 2008. I am also still single, although I don't talk much about that on this blog.  On the upside, I paid down all of my debt to my dad and on my credit cards, got LASIK, went to China, and hung out with my sis in West Virginia. I also took a rock climbing class, which was very difficult, but fun.

IMG_0519

In March, I adopted Nellie from Anderson Animal Care & Control. She is such a pistol! She constantly wails on Bristow and makes him play with her. She also needs attention every single minute of every single day. Briz is not cuddly at all, so it's nice to have a "lap" dog, even if she does weigh 40 pounds!

Auggie at the Fair

I also spent a lot of time with my best friend's son, A. Isn't he cute?

Looking forward to 2010, I only have a few goals:
-Lose 15 pounds. My doc gave me the go ahead to start running- SLOWLY- once or twice a week. I'm coupling that with giving up chocolate (for now, let's be serious people) to get back into shape.
-Go on a "big" trip for my 30th birthday
-Hang up some fricking artwork in my house. I have the art, just not suitable frames.
-Be more social- I joined a dodgeball team that starts next week. I want to meet some new people, maybe branch out with another group of friends
-Finish some of these unfinished craft projects. See these? Still not done.
-Go somewhere warm for New Year's Eve. Indiana sucks in the winter.

I think that's it! I hope your 2010 is a good one!

No comments:

Intense Debate Comments