Saturday, December 19, 2009

craftiness spotted in shanghai

IMG_0882.JPG

I could have stayed in the Shanghai market area all day. It's mostly a tourist trap, but there is some fun stuff to be had.  We found one booth where they wrote your name in Chinese characters, but this one was so much better than the other dozen in the market. They made the kanji into colorful animals, fish, trees and whatnot.

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

We each took turns getting our name done. This booth also had fantastic paper cutouts- you can see Obama in the picture below.

IMG_0888.JPG

They cut them out of one piece of paper- so unbelievable to see them do it.  I bought a pack of ten bird cutouts in red tissue. I am going to frame them for my house, along with my name in Chinese!!

No comments:

Intense Debate Comments