Tuesday, January 30, 2007

it's still january!

I moved into my house ten months ago, in late spring. Aside from four tulips, nine bushes and a cubic ton of weeds, there was no landscaping in my yard. So it's understandable that I went a little crazy last fall in the bulb buying department. I started out small- a few daffodils and crocuses here and there. I had a giftcard to Lowe's, so it's like they were free. Towards the end of the season, bulbs went on sale, so I bought more. Then clearance. The ground still hadn't frozen in November, so there I was at Thanksgiving, planting the rest of my bulbs. I lost count as to how many I planted. And what I planted. I saved all of the packaging, but I forget where exactly I planted everything.

This little guy started popping up last week. The grape hyacinths in the backyard sent shoots up in December, and there are several bulbs peeking up in the front yard. I just wish I could remember what all I planted. Hyacinth? Allium? Narcissus?

first bulb for spring!

Someone should tell him it's still January, and spring is still far away.

No comments:

Intense Debate Comments