Thursday, November 24, 2011

happy thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! As a part-time retail associate, I like to think of it as the day before the worst day of the year. Can you believe stores open at midnight tonight? Outrageous! Except for movie theaters. They need to be open today so I can go see the Muppet movie. But that's not what this post is about.

greece2011 048

I am very thankful for having an amazing family who has helped me out this year. I lost my job last December, so I have been in school full-time, working part-time, and then this summer working at an internship. I have weird hours, lots of homework, and not always the time to make dinner, let the pups out, or run errands. My mom and sister have helped out so much this year, and I am very thankful for that.

I am very thankful for a new job too! A friend recommended me for a position at an IT company here in Indy. It's a great job, a growing company, and right across from one of my favorite restaurants!


I'm also thankful for some wonderful friends. Whether it's hanging out at Target, watching a silly movie, or catching up over coffe (let's be honest- wine), it's those friendships that have helped me sanely get through this year.

And of course, I can't forget my pups. These cuties have been trying at times, don't get me wrong, but their adorableness makes up for that in spades.

Bristow & Nellie

Intense Debate Comments